Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Elbow Woes

I paid a visit last week to my favorite orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Grafe.  He concurs that I correctly diagnosed myself with lateral epicondylitis, otherwise known as "tennis elbow".  It has been bothering me so much for the past couple months, just the most aching and nagging pain, and I needed some advice on best treatment or remedies. I'm a pretty tough chick, and I was finding myself almost in tears, especially at work.  Even lifting a pot of coffee would cause shooting pains so bad that it'd catch my breath. We discussed my options, and I ended up letting him give me a cortisone shot in my elbow.  It probably wasn't the smartest thing to do 5 hours before work, but I made it through.  And after the soreness of the injection wore off, I have to say that I have had NO pain!!  Miracle shots, those cortisone treamtments!!  I stayed home that morning and logged into our 0730 staff meeting online in my pajamas from home instead of dragging myself into work for it.  I truly could get used to that.


No comments: