Friday, March 13, 2015

The John Taylor Mystery




 Ni'ke came home from school today excited to share that John Taylor, former wide receiver for the San Francisco 49ers was at her school today for a fund raiser.  And he gave her this cool bearded hat.  Ma-lak tried on the hat. Ya'shar chimed in about how cool it was to meet him. We chatted about how nice it was that he was "giving back" to the community.  I googled him and pulled up a picture, and asked the kids if they wanted to see a youtube video of their new friend catching a pass back in the 80's.  They all stood in front of my computer with confused looks on their faces.  Finally Ma-lak said, "Um, no....   John Taylor was a white guy."    OK...  Well, after 30 minutes of an exhaustive internet search, I could find NO white former NFL players at ALL named John Taylor. Or Jon. Or Tayler. Or Tailor.  You get the point. So, who was that guy?!?!?!  I'm sure I'll get to the bottom of the mystery soon, but I need to make a few phone calls...

No comments: