Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Smiths' Triumphant Return to Swim Meets: Zone 3 Championships!

 Sisters!  These two had fun hanging together.  We were at the Junior College for the swim meet here in Santa Rosa.  Nice and conveniently close!

 The meet itself was indoors, but we set up our "camp" outside by the outdoor warm up pool - let crowded, but a little chilly!  Here's Rea getting ready for her first event, I think it was the 100-free.  She looks so grown up....  (sigh)



 I got a shot of the very end of the race - she almost won her heat!  She did make it to the finals though and placed second. :)

Ma-lak's turn!  He did great as well!!  I'm trying to find the video  him going head to head in a swim off with another boy to determine who goes to finals - it was so nerve-wracking!


Here's my motley crew of little swimmers!  Yay!!!  So proud of you all!

 Ya'shar snuck in for some cuddle time.  I thought I'd try to do some reading while I was there (a required book for my class this spring) but that didn't last too long!



 All bundled up!



Had to hit Five Guys Burgers and Fries after a hard day of swimming.  I've never seen them put away so many burgers and fries in my life.  And still had room for peanuts.





We got home and had the visitors go by our house for a little evening saunter.  I love horses, and it was such a fun surprise to see them in such a strange place!  I thought Ma-lak was joking when he looked down the street and said "Hey cool, here come some horses!" 



No comments: